Christmas Safety in Savannah
Christmas tree fires are very dangerous. Per the U.S. Fire Administration, on average, one of every 31 reported home Christmas tree fires results in death. This compared to an average of one death per 144 total reported home fires. Christmas trees too close to a heat source account for one in every four fires.
Below are just a few important tips for fire safety during the Holiday season:
- Water your Christmas tree.
- Keep decorations away from heat sources.
- Inspect decoration electrical cords and follow the manufacturer's instruction.
- Always unplug your tree and lighted decorations prior to leaving or going to bed.
- Never use lit candles to decorate a tree.
- Make sure your tree stand is sturdy and your tree is fitted in the stand properly.
If you or someone you know has experienced a fire, SERVPRO is here to help. Call 912-234-9690.
*Source: U.S. Fire Administration