IICRC Certified Firm
From the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification:
SERVPRO of Savannah is registered with IICRC, and has pledged to implement an advanced training program and a course of study leading to the certification of all On-Location Operators actively engaged in providing services to the consumer in cleaning and restoration and has pledged its support in establishing and maintaining a professional attitude in the conduct of its daily business at all times and providing the consumer with the highest degree of professionalism possible.
SERVPRO of Savannah is pleased to be recognized as a 2018 IICRC Certified firm for our expertise, professional excellence, and quality of service. Many of our employees are proud to hold IICRC certifications and we strive to uphold this level of excellence in every job.
Continuing Education Courses
SERVPRO of Savannah offers Continuing Education courses for insurance agents, insurance adjusters and Real Estate professionals. The Continuing Education courses provide you with information to better service your customers.
These programs are designed to improve the knowledge of your staff regarding emergency mitigation.
Here are some of the CE courses that are offered by SERVPRO:
Property Fire Damage Restoration
Understanding Mold in the Restoration Industry
- Restoring Contaminated Buildings
Restorative Drying for Water Damage
- Cleaning and Restoring Smoke-Damaged Contents
Mitigation Awareness Response Seminar
- Deodorization of Malodors
The owner of SERVPRO of Savannah is an approved instructor of these courses. Contact SERVPRO of Savannah at 912-234-9690 to schedule one for your office.
This is just one more way SERVPRO of Savannah is Here to Help!
SERVPRO of Savannah can handle your loss no matter the size
Did you know SERVPRO of Savannah is a Large Loss Responser? Our team of technicians are trained to respond quickly to an size disaster. We respond 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. Our priority is making sure you and your structure are able to get back to business as quickly as possible. We provide the technology to organize and document the process along the way to ensure every detail is accounted. Whether your office is a small building, high-rise building, apartments, restaurants, hotels, large retail, multi-level residential, industrial, government or anything in between, our team is ready to respond. We provide the expertise to make it "Like it never even happened." Call our local office in Savannah at 912-234-9690.
Ice Cream Truck brings smiles to faces
Ice Cream truck
Ice cream is not just for kids. Grown ups love ice cream too. Here at SERVPRO of Savannah, we love to find ways to put a smile on the faces of others. When the Savannah heat feels as hot as fire, nothing is better than hearing the Ice Cream Truck pulling into your neighborhood. We brought Jenni's Treats on the Street Ice Cream Truck around to some of our Insurance offices during the heat of the summer. Sometimes the hardest part is making the decision of which ice cream is their favorite that day. This is just one small way to make their day a little better. Ice Cream Truck has been a tradition for several years and our office looks forward to it every summer.
SERVPRO partners with Fire Fighters at golf tournament
SERVPRO at the Fire Fighters Golf Tournament
SERVPRO of Savannah loves to find ways to interact and give back to our community. We are excited to be the title sponsor of the Great Balls of Fire Golf Tournament six years in a row. This event benefits the St. Joseph's Candler Telfair Mammography Fund. We see firsthand the devastation fire causes, so anytime we can partner with our first responders is a good partnership for us. Thank you to IAFF Savannah Firefighters for inviting us to be a large part of this event every year. Not only is it a pleasure to sponsor this event, but it is a joy to spend the day on the golf course and interact with these brave men and women. A very sincere Thank You to our First Responders!
The SERVPRO Duct Cleaning Process
The SERVPRO Duct Cleaning Process:
- The process begins by using patented equipment including a roto-scraper, which automatically adapts to the duct's shape an diameter while traveling through the duct, removing debris and filth before vacuuming begins.
- Next, a powerful push-pull air delivery and collection system transfers the debris from the ducting to a 16-gallon container.
- Air is filtered through a HEPA filtration system, removing 99.97 percent of particles in the airstream. HEPA filters capture debris and keep the environment clean.
- As an optional process, a sealant or coating product may be sprayed to address odor to microbial concerns.
- Filters will either be cleaned or replaced to remove odor and dirt.
Duct cleaning may not always be necessary. SERVPRO will inspect your HVAC system and ductwork and make recommendations about the best way to address any indoor air quality concerns. This inspection can save you money and provide peace of mind on the health of your HVAC system and ductwork.
In some circumstances, such as after fire, smoke or suspected mold growth, duct cleaning becomes an essential part of the cleanup process. In these cases, SERVPRO of Savannah can often restore the HVAC system and ductwork to pre-damage condition.
SERVPRO of Savannah takes care of your contents
Your home of commercial facility contains many of your most valuable possessions. SERVPRO of Savannah understands the trauma that follows a loss. When fire damage takes control of your life, we help you take it back.
Some of our Contents services include:
Inventory – One of the first priorities in fire restoration is to complete an accurate inventory to help ensure you can properly account for all your belongings. Your SERVPRO of Savannah technician can provide a detailed room-by-room inventory of contents, including digital photographs and bar codes for each item, suitable for filing insurance claims forms and relieving you of this often stressful and time consuming process.
Move Outs – When the structure has suffered extensive damage, the cleanup and restoration process may need to be facilitated by relocating the contents for cleaning, deodorization and storage while structural repairs are being completed. A supervised moving crew can carefully pack and move the entire contents of your home or office.
Contents Cleaning – All of the restorable contents in affected areas will be professionally cleaned and deodorized. This includes area rugs, furniture, draperies and upholstery. SERVPRO of Savannah technicians begin by carefully inspecting and testing all fabrics in the structure to determine which cleaning methods are most appropriate. SERVPRO of Savannah can provide wet or dry cleaning. Additionally, all the other restorable contents will be cleaned and deodorized to as near as preloss condition as possible. This includes electronics, art, wood furniture, kitchen items, clothing, bedding, bric-a-brac and much more.
Call SERVPRO of Savannah today! (912) 234-9690
Is Your Business Prepared for a Disaster?
As many as 50% of businesses close down following a disaster, according to the latest research. Of the businesses that survive, the overwhelming majority of them had a preparedness plan in place. Pre-planning can serve as an insurance policy aimed at peace of mind. And knowing you are "Ready for whatever happens" speaks trust to your clients and employees that in the event your business is affected by a disaster, they don't necessarily have to be.
While it may be difficult to prepare for the unpredictable, there are steps you can take now to ensure you are ready when disaster strikes. One way to prepare your business for any type of disaster, is to establish an Emergency READY Profile (ERP).
The SERVPRO Emergency READY Profile is a start up approach that provides the critical information needed to begin mitigation and recovery services. It is designed to serve as a quick reference of important building and contact information. By working with SERVPRO's Emergency Ready Profile, your business can receive the benefit of over 40 years of experience in reducing the impact of any natural or man-made disaster. SERVPRO is a leader in water and fire damage response and can help you quickly get your property back in working order.
Call today to get started! (912) 234-9690 or visit www.SERVPRO.com/Ready
Every Second Counts: Plan Two Ways Out
The theme for this year’s Fire Prevention Week is “Every Second Counts: Plan Two Ways Out”. Fire Prevention Week is designed to teach people the importance of home escape planning and practice.
A home escape plan should include:
• Working smoke alarms on every level of the home, in every bedroom and near all sleeping areas
• 2 ways out of every room
• A clear path to an outside meeting location
Here are 6 tips for coming up with your home fire escape plan:
1. Draw a map of your home with all members of your household, making sure to show two exits from each room and a path to the outside for each exit
2. Have a practice fire drill twice a year, practicing both ways out each time
3. Teach children how to escape
4. Make sure that the number of your home is clearly shown so that the fire department can easily find you
5. Close doors behind you as you leave to help slow down the spread of smoke, heat and fire
6. Once you get outside, stay outside
Having a fire escape plan ready and keeping these tips in mind will truly help in the event of a fire. And remember, “Every Second Counts: Plan Two Ways Out”.
Not All Smoke Damage Can Be Cleaned With Soap!
When it comes to cleaning smoked-damaged contents after a residential or commercial fire, the variety of contents in a typical job requires restorers to utilize a variety of cleaning methods.
Here is a quick description of each method of content cleaning:
- Dry Cleaning - Removes light to medium nongrease-based soils.
- Wet Cleaning - Removes moderate to heavy residues. The process involves cleaning using water, with or without a cleaning agent.
- Spray and Wipe - Apply a cleaning product using a spray bottle. After spraying, wipe the surface with a clean white towel. This method is effective for materials possibly damaged if saturated with cleaning product.
- Foam Cleaning - Effective for light residues or delicate materials. Clean with the foam of a cleaning agent rather than the liquid
- Abrasive Cleaning - Agitates the surface being cleaned. Apply a cleaning product containing abrasive ingredients
- Immersion Cleaning - Dipping contents items into a bath of cleaning product. This bath is an ultrasonic tank filled with water and cleaning solution. High-frequency sound waves then create high temperatures and microscopic jet streams of fluid to agitate and scrub contents.
SERVPRO recommends that you DO NOT attempt to clean smoke-damaged surfaces or contents yourself, and call the professionals!