SERVPRO of Savannah is a Large Loss Responder
Did you know SERVPRO of Savannah is a Large Loss Responder? Our team of technicians are trained to respond quickly to any size disaster. We respond 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. Our priority is making sure you and your structure are able to get back to business as quickly as possible. We provide the technology to organize and document the process along the way to ensure every detail is accounted. Whether your structure is a small office building, high-rise building, apartment complex, restaurant, hotel, large retail center, multi-level residential, industrial, government or anything in between, our team is ready to respond. We provide the expertise to make it "Like it never even happened." Call our local office in Savannah at 912-234-9690.
SERVPRO of Savannah partners with Fire Fighters at Golf Tournament
SERVPRO of Savannah with Johnny Hinton of IAFF Savannah Fire Fighters
SERVPRO of Savannah loves to find ways to interact and give back to our community. We are excited to be the title sponsor of the Great Balls of Fire Golf Tournament six years in a row. This event benefits the St. Joseph's Candler Telfair Mammography Fund. We see firsthand the devastation fire causes, so anytime we can partner with our first responders is a good partnership for us. Thank you to IAFF Savannah Firefighters for inviting us to be a large part of this event every year. Not only is it a pleasure to sponsor this event, but it is a joy to spend the day on the golf course and interact with these brave men and women. A very sincere Thank You to our First Responders!
SERVPRO of Savannah takes care of you
SERVPRO of Savannah takes care of you
SERVPRO of Savannah is independently owned and operated by the Harvin family since 1980. The Harvin family lives, works, eats, plays, and shops in the Savannah area and strives to make sure each customer is taken care of as if they are family. SERVPRO of Savannah holds their employees to a high standard as professionals and as fellow citizens of our beautiful city. Feel assured that you are in the best hands possible when you have an emergency such as a water leak, have smoke or soot damage from a fire, find mold, or have damage from a storm. We also provide general cleaning services for your home or business. SERVPRO of Savannah will bring the expertise you need and the service you desire. Call us anytime day or night at 912-234-9690.
SERVPRO of Savannah takes care of your contents
Your home or commercial facility contains many of your most valuable possessions. SERVPRO of Savannah understands the trauma that follows a loss. When fire damage takes control of your life, we help you take it back.
Some of our Contents services include:
Inventory – One of the first priorities in fire restoration is to complete an accurate inventory to help ensure you can properly account for all your belongings. Your SERVPRO of Savannah technician can provide a detailed room-by-room inventory of contents suitable for filing insurance claims and relieving you of this often stressful and time consuming process.
Move Outs – When the structure has suffered extensive damage, the cleanup and restoration process may need to be facilitated by relocating the contents for cleaning, deodorization and storage while structural repairs are being completed. A professional moving crew can carefully pack and move the entire contents of your home or business.
Contents Cleaning – All of the restorable contents in affected areas will be professionally cleaned and deodorized. SERVPRO of Savannah technicians carefully inspect and test fabrics in the structure to determine which cleaning methods are most appropriate. SERVPRO of Savannah can provide wet or dry cleaning.
Call SERVPRO of Savannah today! (912) 234-9690
The SERVPRO Duct Cleaning Process
The SERVPRO Duct Cleaning Process:
- The process begins by using patented equipment including a roto-scraper, which automatically adapts to the duct's shape an diameter while traveling through the duct, removing debris and filth before vacuuming begins.
- Next, a powerful push-pull air delivery and collection system transfers the debris from the ducting to a 16-gallon container.
- Air is filtered through a HEPA filtration system, removing 99.97 percent of particles in the airstream. HEPA filters capture debris and keep the environment clean.
- As an optional process, a sealant or coating product may be sprayed to address odor to microbial concerns.
- Filters will either be cleaned or replaced to remove odor and dirt.
Duct cleaning may not always be necessary. SERVPRO will inspect your HVAC system and ductwork and make recommendations about the best way to address any indoor air quality concerns. This inspection can save you money and provide peace of mind on the health of your HVAC system and ductwork.
In some circumstances, such as after fire, smoke or suspected mold growth, duct cleaning becomes an essential part of the cleanup process. In these cases, SERVPRO of Savannah can often restore the HVAC system and ductwork to pre-damage condition.
Call SERVPRO of Savannah at 912-234-9690 to schedule an appointment.
Not All Smoke Damage Can Be Cleaned With Soap
When it comes to cleaning smoked-damaged contents after a residential or commercial fire, the variety of contents in a typical job requires restorers to utilize a variety of cleaning methods.
Here is a quick description of each method of content cleaning:
- Dry Cleaning - Removes light to medium nongrease-based soils.
- Wet Cleaning - Removes moderate to heavy residues. The process involves cleaning using water, with or without a cleaning agent.
- Spray and Wipe - Apply a cleaning product using a spray bottle. After spraying, wipe the surface with a clean white towel. This method is effective for materials possibly damaged if saturated with cleaning product.
- Foam Cleaning - Effective for light residues or delicate materials. Clean with the foam of a cleaning agent rather than the liquid
- Abrasive Cleaning - Agitates the surface being cleaned. Apply a cleaning product containing abrasive ingredients
- Immersion Cleaning - Dipping contents items into a bath of cleaning product. This bath is an ultrasonic tank filled with water and cleaning solution. High-frequency sound waves then create high temperatures and microscopic jet streams of fluid to agitate and scrub contents.
SERVPRO recommends that you DO NOT attempt to clean smoke-damaged surfaces or contents yourself, and call the professionals!
Cooking Fires Are The Number One Cause Of Home Fires
Cooking brings family and friends together, provides an outlet for creativity and can be relaxing. But did you know that cooking fires are the number one cause of home fires and home injuries? By following a few safety tips you can prevent these fires.
“Cook with Caution”
- Be on alert! If you are sleepy or have consumed alcohol don’t use the stove or stove top.
- Stay in the kitchen while you are frying, grilling, or broiling food. If you leave the kitchen for even a short period of time, turn off the stove.
- If you are simmering, baking, roasting, or boiling food, check it regularly, remain in the home while food is cooking, and use a timer to remind you that you are cooking.
- Keep anything that can catch fire — oven mitts, wooden utensils, food packaging, towels or curtains — away from your stove top.
IF YOU HAVE A COOKING FIRE...
- Just get out! When you leave, close the door behind you to help contain the fire.
- Call 9-1-1 or the local emergency number after you leave.
- If you try to fight the fire, be sure others are getting out and you have a clear way out.
- Keep a lid nearby when you’re cooking to smother small grease fires. Smother the fire by sliding the lid over the pan and turn off the stovetop. Leave the pan covered until it is completely cooled.
- For an oven fire turn off the heat and keep the door closed.
Thanks to the National Fire Protection Agency for sharing these tips.
If you have a fire in your home or business, call SERVPRO of Savannah at 912-234-9690.
Restoring Commercial Water Damage
Commercial Water Damage Events Present Unique Challenges
Flooding and water damage events at commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
SERVPRO of Savannah's professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
SERVPRO of Savannah specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC industry certifications, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Call SERVPRO of Savannah at 912-234-9690.
Is Your Business Prepared?
FEMA has some great tips for making sure your business has an emergency plan.
Preparedness Planning for Your Business
Businesses and their staff face a variety of hazards:
- Natural hazards like floods, hurricanes, tornadoes, and earthquakes.
- Health hazards such as widespread and serious illnesses like the flu.
- Human-caused hazards including accidents and acts of violence.
- Technology-related hazards like power outages and equipment failure.
There is much that a business leader can do to prepare his or her organization for the most likely hazards. The Ready Business program helps business leaders make a preparedness plan to get ready for these hazards. FEMA has more information on their website to help you prepare.
If your business experiences an emergency, call SERVPRO of Savannah at 912-234-9690 and we can help you get back to business quickly.
SERVPRO of Savannah is well prepared
SERVPRO of Savannah is well-prepared as we await hurricane season. We are watching these storms carefully with you, our neighbors, and are ready to help in the event that storm damage occurs. We provide 24-hour emergency service and have teams and equipment standing by to help our community recover from any wind or flooding damage that happens. Please be safe and tune in for updates on conditions on hurricanes or tropical storms from local news outlets and law enforcement officials. SERVPRO of Savannah is a Large Loss Response Team and is ready to respond to any size storm damage, whether large or small scale. Give us a call 24/7 and we can take control of the situation and put you at ease. 912-234-9690.