Are you prepared for Storm Surge?
Don’t let October pull tricks on you, it’s still hurricane season! One common damage caused by hurricanes is flooding from storm surge. Although hurricanes are well known for their strong and destructive winds, a hurricane’s storm surge is by far the greatest threat to life and property along the immediate coast. Storm surge is simply water that is pushed toward the shore by the force of the winds swirling around the storm. This advancing surge combines with the normal tides to create the hurricane storm tide, which can increase the mean water level by 15 feet or more. In addition, wind-driven waves are superimposed on the storm tide. This rise in water level can cause severe flooding in coastal areas, particularly when the storm tide coincides with the normal high tides. Because much of the United States' densely populated Atlantic and Gulf Coast coastlines lie less than 10 feet above mean sea level, the danger from storm surges is tremendous.
If you have damage from storm surge, give us a call at (912)-234-9690. We will work hard to make it "Like it never even happened."®
Call SERVPRO of Savannah for Hurricane Storm Damage Repairs
As August moves along, there is one common phenomenon that takes place: Hurricanes. During this time of the year, hurricanes ramp up and visit our coastal city, often leaving flooding and storm damage. SERVPRO of Savannah is prepared to restore your home or business to pre-storm conditions in the event of hurricanes during this season.
When a major storm hits, it may overwhelm local restoration companies. SERVPRO of Savannah can scale our resources and get the job done. We can also access Disaster Recovery Teams that specialize in major storms and catastrophic events.
As a Large Loss Responder, we are prepared to service Savannah, Pooler, Bloomingdale, Tybee Island, Skidaway Island, Whitemarsh Island, Wilmington Island, and all areas in between. If you experience storm damage during hurricane season, give us a call at (912)-234-9690. We’re Here to Help!
Got Storm Damage? Call SERVPRO of Savannah!
Summers in Savannah are full of storms. Whether it is a small thunderstorm or a hurricane coming in, SERVPRO of Savannah is prepared to repair any storm damage you may have. As a leader in storm damage restoration, you can rest assured that we strive to repair your home or business back to pre-storm condition.
We know that storms do not only hit between 8 am-5 pm, but often in later hours when most businesses are closed, and families are home taking shelter. SERVPRO of Savannah is open 24/7, 365 days a year to help you when it matters the most.
If you experience storm damage, call us at (912)-234-9690. Let SERVPRO of Savannah help your home or business’s storm damage look Like it never even happened.
The Do's and Don'ts after Experiencing Fire Damage
When your Savannah home or business suffers fire damage, it can be devastating. After the fire has been put out, you may be wondering what you can and cannot do until help arrives to being restoring your home. Here’s a list of do’s and don’ts that can help you get started:
What To Do After A Fire
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets.
- Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open.
- Clean and protect chrome with light coating of petroleum jelly or oil.
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves.
- Change HVAC filter.
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers.
What NOT To Do After A Fire
- Don't attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces or shampoo carpet or upholstery without contacting us.
- Don't attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire, heat or water without consulting an authorized repair service.
- Don't use any canned or packaged food or beverages that may have been stored near the fire, heat or water.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet. The wiring may be damaged.
- Don't send garments to an ordinary dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set smoke odor.
At SERVPRO of Savannah, we focus on helping you restore your home back to the pre-fire condition you know and love. If you have questions about our restoration process for fire damage, give us a call at (912)-234-9690.
The Process of Fire Damage Restoration
After a fire, the smoke and fire damage are often paired with extensive water damage from firefighting efforts. Since every fire damage is a little different, at SERVPRO of Savannah, we create unique solutions with a process that relatively stays the same. Check out the steps below to understand our process during a typical fire emergency:
Step 1: Emergency Contact
The restoration process begins when you call us. Our representative will ask questions regarding the fire damage event that will help us respond immediately with the appropriate equipment and resources.
Step 2: Inspection and Fire Damage Assessment
We carefully inspect and test adjoining rooms of your property to determine the extent of the fire, smoke, and soot damage. This step is crucial to developing a plan of action.
Step 3: Immediate Board-Up and Roof-Tarp Service
Fire damage can often compromise windows, walls, and roofs. To maintain security and to protect against further damage, we can board up missing windows and walls and place tarps on damaged roofs.
Step 4: Water Removal and Drying (if water damage is present)
The water removal process begins almost immediately and removes the majority of the water. We then use dehumidifiers and air movers to remove the remaining water and complete the drying process.
Step 5: Removal of Smoke and Soot from All Surfaces
We use specialized equipment and techniques to remove smoke and soot from ceilings, walls, and other surfaces.
Step 6: Cleaning and Sanitizing
We clean, sanitize, and disinfect all of the restorable items and structures that were damaged by the fire. We use a variety of cleaning techniques to restore your belongings to pre-fire condition. We’re also trained to remove odors using industrial air scrubbers and fogging equipment.
Step 7: Restoration
Restoration is the final step—getting your home or business to its pre-fire condition. Restoration may involve minor repairs, such as replacing drywall, painting, and installing new carpet; or it may entail major repairs such as the reconstruction of various areas or rooms in a home or business.
Although our process stays mostly the same, we are prepared to restore your home or business with unique solutions, specific to your needs. If you have fire damage, give us a call at (912)-234-9690. SERVPRO of Savannah will restore your home “Like it never even happened.”
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned
Businesses are open, people are out, and COVID-19 is still spreading around us. We understand that keeping your doors open is vital for retail stores, restaurants, doctor’s offices, daycare centers, schools, and all other businesses. SERVPRO of Savannah is ready to help ease your mind and give your business the certified cleaning you need!
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive, proactive viral pathogen cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the COVID-19 pandemic.
So how does it work? It’s grounded in our unique 3 C’s:
- Consult: Not all businesses are the same, so we will tailor a cleaning program based on the unique needs of each facility.
- Clean: Based on the agreed upon plan, an expert deep clean is initiated using our proprietary EPA-Approved Hospital-Grade cleaning solutions and always adhering to the leading level of cleaning and decontamination standards set by the CDC.
- Certify: You’ll know a business is Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned by the shield posted on their front window. Along with digital emblems and other collateral, this beacon represents their commitment to the comfort and security of their employees, customers and community.
Give us a call at 912-234-9690 for a free estimate. SERVPRO of Savannah is here to help business get back to normal in Savannah, Pooler, Bloomingdale, Port Wentworth, Garden City, Tybee Island, or anywhere in between.
SERVPRO of Savannah can Restore Commercial Water Damages
At SERVPRO of Savannah, we understand that water damage never comes at a convenient time. When businesses must close for cleaning, productivity and money are being lost minute by minute. While the remediation must occur, we strive to have your business back open as quickly as possible while also ensuring the damage has been taken care of to the highest standard.
SERVPRO of Savannah can respond immediately to your commercial water damage emergency regardless of the size or scope of the damage. As a Large Loss Responder, we can help in any disaster, no matter the size.
When you are faced with water damage of any size and call us at (912)-234-9690. SERVPRO of Savannah is here to help our local businesses in Savannah, Pooler, Bloomingdale, Port Wentworth, Garden City, Tybee Island, or anywhere in between.
Hurricane Watch versus Hurricane Warning
As hurricane season begins to ramp up, make sure you are prepared with these hurricane watch and warning tips from the Chatham Emergency Management Agency.
What is a Hurricane Watch?
A hurricane watch is issued when there is a threat of hurricane conditions within 48 hours (about 2 days).
What to do during a Hurricane Watch
- Fill up your car with gas.
- Secure buildings.
- Review evacuation plan.
- Listen to a radio or television for official instructions.
- Check your family's emergency supplies.
- Bring in outdoor objects (i.e., toys, garden tools).
- Turn refrigerator and freezer to coldest settings.
- Secure outdoor objects which cannot be brought inside (i.e., boats, lawnmower).
- Store drinking water in clean bathtubs, jugs, bottles, and cooking utensils.
What is a Hurricane Warning?
A hurricane warning is issued when hurricane conditions (winds of 74 miles per hour or greater, or dangerously high water and rough seas) are expected in 36 hours (about 1 and a half days) or less.
What to do during a Hurricane Warning?
- Listen to a radio or television for official instructions.
- If in a mobile home, check tie downs and prepare to evacuate.
- Store valuables and personal papers in a waterproof container.
- Stay inside, away from windows, skylights, and glass doors.
- Keep a supply of flashlights and extra batteries handy.
- If power is lost, turn off major appliances to reduce power "surge" when electricity is restored.
The Steps of Water Restoration
Every water damage is a little different, but at SERVPRO of Savannah, our steps to taking care of you and your property are the same. Experiencing water damage? Here are the steps we take to help get your home and business back to normal.
Step 1 - Emergency Contact
The restoration process begins when you call us. Our representative will guide you through the crisis and may ask several questions to help us better understand the equipment and resources.
Step 2 - Inspection and Water Damage Assessment
We determine the scope of your water damage at this stage. We inspect and test to determine the extent of damage and how far the moisture has traveled to ensure proper and complete restoration.
Step 3 - Water Removal / Water Extraction
The water removal process begins almost immediately and removes the majority of the water. We use powerful pumps and vacuum units to quickly remove hundreds or thousands of gallons from your property, which helps prevent secondary water damage and mold growth.
Step 4 - Drying and Dehumidification
We use specialized equipment to remove the remaining water that is harder to access. Our Professionals will use room measurements, temperature, and relative humidity to determine the optimal number of air movers and dehumidifiers needed to dry your home or business.
Step 5 - Cleaning and Sanitizing
We clean all of the restorable items and structures damaged by the water. We are adept at cleaning contents using a number of techniques. Our professionals are trained to provide sanitizing treatments and to remove odors and deodorize your property.
Step 6 - Restoration
Restoration is the process of restoring your home or business to its pre-water damage condition. Restoration may involve minor repairs, such as replacing drywall and installing new carpet, or may entail major repairs, such as the reconstruction of various areas or rooms in a home or business.
Whether a pipe bursts during the night, or the tide gets a bit too high and into your home, we are available 24/7, 365 days a year. Give us a call at (912)-234-9690 and let our trained professionals take care of your restoration needs.
Call SERVPRO of Savannah Immediately for Water Damage Restoration
At SERVPRO of Savannah, we don’t waste time when it comes to water damage. Water is particularly invasive, quickly spreading throughout your property and being absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, etc. We make sure to arrive quickly and start the water extraction process almost immediately. Curious of what happens if water damage isn’t treated? Check out our timeline below:
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
If you experience water damage, don’t wait to call. We are open 24/7, 365 days a year. Our team is ready to respond to your emergency, no matter the time. Call us at (912)-234-9690 for your water damage restoration needs.