Cookout Catastrophe: Tips for grilling safely
There's nothing better than grilling out in the summertime. When you see fire in the grill, under hot dogs and burgers, it is a welcome sight at any outdoor party or family cookout. But if a grill is not managed properly, an unwelcome fire can turn your cookout into a catastrophe. Here are some tips for keeping everyone at the party safe while grilling:
General Grilling Tips
- Propane and charcoal BBQ grills should only be used outdoors.
- The grill should be placed well away from the home, deck railings and out from under eaves and overhanging branches.
- Keep children and pets away from the grill area.
- Keep your grill clean by removing grease or fat buildup from the grills and in trays below the grill.
- Never leave your grill unattended
For more information and grilling safety tips, please visit http://www.nfpa.org/.