Water Damage Timeline
The sooner you respond to a water emergency on your property, the less the damage will cost you. Go with the team that’s faster to any-sized disaster.
- Within Minutes - Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery and belongings.
- Within 1to 2 Hours - Drywall swells, metal surfaces tarnish and furniture begins to warp/mold.
- Within 48 Hours to Week - Mold grows, doors and furniture warp, metal begins to rust.
- Over Week - Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks.
Here at SERVPRO we have the following Service Response Guidelines*:
- ONE – Within one hour from the notice of loss, a SERVPRO Franchise Professional will contact you to arrange for service.
- FOUR – Within four hours of loss notification, a SERVPRO Franchise Professional will be on-site to start mitigation services.
- EIGHT – Within eight business hours of on-site arrival, a verbal briefing of the scope will be communicated to the appropriate person.
*Exceptions may apply under certain conditions, such as a local catastrophic event or storm situation.