SERVPRO Professionals are recognized as leaders at helping property owners quickly recover from fire and water damage. They also provide general cleaning and deodorization services for situations resulting from vandalism including graffiti, egg, spoiled foods and human or animal waste.
If you ever encounter an act of vandalism to your home or building, here are some tips on what to do until SERVPRO arrives:
- Hose or wash egg damage from building exterior as soon as possible.
- Blot freshly spilled food from carpets and fabrics with a dampened cloth or sponge (but don’t overwet). Scrape and blot (don’t rub: it may damage fibers).
- Carefully vacuum glass particles from carpets and upholstery
- Save containers, which reveal the composition of spilled inks, cosmetics and paints.
- Record all damage and photograph when possible.
- Attempt to remove ink, paint or cosmetic stains.
- Operate damaged lamps or appliances.
- Discard wood chips, broken pieces from furniture, porcelain or other art objects.