Savannah has been very fortunate when it comes to hurricanes. The last hurricane to make landfall in Savannah was Hurricane David back in 1979. That hurricane made landfall as a category two hurricane. Below is the description of the different hurricane categories.
- Category one: sustained winds of 74-95mph (119-153 km/h); some damage and power cuts
- Category two: winds of 96-110mph (154-177 km/h); extensive damage
- Category three: winds of 111-129mph (178-208 km/h); well-built homes suffer major damage
- Category four: winds of 130-156mph (209-251 km/h); severe damage to well-built homes, most trees snapped or uprooted
- Category five: winds of 157 mph (252 km/h) or higher; high percentage of homes destroyed, area uninhabitable for weeks or months
While it is our hope that Savannah doesn't experience another direct hit, we are ready and prepared for whatever is to come.
Call SERVPRO of Savannah at 912-234-9690 for any of your hurricane/tropical storm/flood damage.