Until SERVPRO of Savannah arrives to assist in a fire
If you have a fire at your home or business in Savannah, Pooler, Port Wentworth, Tybee Island, or anywhere in between, call SERVPRO of Savannah and follow these helpful tips until help arrives.
Helpful tips until SERVPRO of Savannah arrives to assist in the fire damage:
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from spreading and additional damage from occurring.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs and high traffic areas and upholstery.
- Coat chrome faucets, trip and appliances with petroleum jelly or oil.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpet.
- Do not wash any walls or painted surfaces.
- Do not shampoo carpet or upholstery.
- Do not clean any electrical equipment.
- Do not send clothing to a dry cleaner since improper cleaning may set smoke odor.
- Keep hands clean. Soot on hands can further soil upholstery, walls and carpets.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator completely and prop doors open.
If you have any questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage, we can help. Our trained, professional technicians will respond with the expertise needed to take care of you and your home or business.
Call SERVPRO of Savannah Today – (912) 234-9690