What are Industrial Hygienist and Indoor Environmental Professionals?
What are Industrial Hygienist (IH) and Indoor Environmental Professional (IEP)?
The Industrial Hygienists (IH’s), or Indoor Environmental Professionals (IEP’s), are used to assess fungal ecology, sample the indoor environment, determine the condition of mold, and establish the scope of work
- When to consult with an IH/IEP
- Surface Mold Growth
- Limited Mold Growth
- Extensive Mold Growth
- What does an IH/IEP do:
- Perform an Assessment of the Fungal Ecology of Property, Systems, and Contents
- Create a Sampling Strategy
- Sample the Indoor Environment
- Interpret Laboratory Data
- Determine Condition 1, 2, and 3 to Establish a Scope of Work
- Verify the Return of the Fungal Ecology to a Condition 1 Status
If an IH/IEP is called in he/she will test for the mold types and spore count, determines the site protocol, performs hazard assessment, meets and communicates with all parties as well as preforms the final clearance testing.
If an IH/IEP has set a protocol for your mold, call SERVPRO of Savannah at 912-234-9690.