Emergency tips for a water damage from SERVPRO of Savannah
SERVPRO of Savannah specializes in Water Removal and Dehumidification, so give us a call and let our professional team take care of your water damage.
If you experience a water leak, here are some tips to keep in mind until SERVPRO of Savannah arrives:
- If the water is coming from a pipe or water source in the house, turn the water off.
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting with something such as towels.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and pillow cushions and lay flat in a dry space for even drying.
- Place a barrier such as plastic or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove Oriental rugs or other colored rugs from wet flooring.
- Remove valuable paintings and art objects to a safe, dry place to reduce moisture to those items.
- Gather loose items from floors.
- Leave wet fabrics in place; dry as soon as possible. Move items to dry separately at room temperature.
- Leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpets or floors.
- Use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Use TV's or other household appliances while standing on wet flooring.
- Turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging from retained water.
Follow these tips if you have water damage in your home or business and call SERVPRO of Savannah immediately. Our technicians respond to water damage calls 24 hours a day and are happy to help you get your home or business dry as soon as possible. Call us anytime at 912-234-9690.