Until SERVPRO of Savannah arrives to assist in a fire
Helpful tips until SERVPRO of Savannah arrives to assist in the fire damage:
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from spreading and additional damage from occurring.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs and high traffic areas and upholstery.
- Coat chrome faucets, trip and appliances with petroleum jelly or oil.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpet.
- Do not wash any walls or painted surfaces.
- Do not shampoo carpet or upholstery.
- Do not clean any electrical equipment.
- Do not send clothing to a dry cleaner since improper cleaning may set smoke odor.
- Keep hands clean. Soot on hands can further soil upholstery, walls and carpets.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator completely and prop doors open.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call SERVPRO of Savannah Today – (912) 234-9690