Emergency Tips for a Water Damage
If you experience a water leak, here are some tips to keep in mind until SERVPRO of Savannah arrives:
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and table top items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and pillow cushions for even drying.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove Oriental rugs or other colored rugs from wet wall-to-wall flooring.
- Remove valuable paintings and art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
- Leave wet fabrics in place; dry as soon as possible. Hang furs and leather goods to dry separately at room temperature.
- Leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpets or floors.
- Use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Use TV's or other household appliances while standing on wet flooring.
- Turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging from retained water.
SERVPRO of Savannah specializes in Water Removal and Dehumidification, so give us a call and let our professional team take care of your water damage.