It's Hurricane Season in Savannah
Although hurricane season started on June 1st, we are now headed into the peak of the season here in Savannah, GA.
According to the National Hurricane Center, approximately two-thirds of the hurricanes form in August and September. The season will last through November 30th.
Savannah has been extremely blessed when it comes to hurricanes but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be prepared.
Below are a few reminders on being prepared:
- Keep a close watch on the predicted storm routes, storm watches and storm warnings.
- Have an evacuation route planned.
- Have key contact information for loved ones.
- Keep a supply kit ready.
- Make sure you gather medicine or medical equipment for any special needs.
- Have a plan in place for your pets.
- Make sure you have copies of insurance and vital records.