Mold in Residential Home in Savannah
A running toilet overflowed in a vacant home in Savannah, GA. The AC had been shut off and the water had been present for up to 2 weeks, so microbial growth was heavy. SERVPRO of Savannah used drying equipment and had to pull several areas of wall and flooring up to remove the mold.
If You See Visible Mold
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Savannah for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
If you find mold in your home, call us right away at (912) 234-9690. SERVPRO of Savannah will treat you and your family with empathy and respect, and your property with care.