Savannah Residents: Follow these mold safety tips
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Savannah for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of Savannah specializes in mold cleanup and restoration, in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – 912-234-9690
Savannah Fire Mitigation Services
Residential fire occurs about every 90 seconds in the United States according to national fire statistics.*
A fire in one room can damage belongings and surfaces throughout you entire home or odors that could last for years.
SERVPRO of Savannah understands how a fire can affect your life. Our office consist of a 24 hour emergency response team, trained in caring for both the home and homeowner.
Trained, uniformed technicians are on-site of a fire damage within four hours to begin emergency mitigation services. By responding quickly with a full line of fire cleanup and restoration service, SERVPRO of Savannah can help you regain control quickly and help you protect your home and belongings.
SERVPRO of Savannah's professional fire crew have the ability to help, should the need arise. 912-234-9690
*Source - U.S. Fire Administration
SERVPRO of Savannah: Fire Service Response Guidelines
The first 48 hours after a fire can make the difference between restoring vs. replacing your property and personal belongings.
SERVPRO's 1-4-8 Service Response Guidelines can help prevent fire damage from creating long-term problems. We provide timely response with mitigation services ranging from fire, smoke and soot removal to content claims inventory and document restoration. These services help ensure your property is restored to preloss condition when possible.
Within 1 hour - SERVPRO of Savannah will contact you to arrange service.
Within 4 hours of the loss notification - SERVPRO of Savannah professional will be on-site to start mitigation services if necessary.
Within 8 business hours of the on-site arrival - SERVPRO of Savannah will communicate with the appropriate person to provide a verbal briefing of the scope.
Contact SERVPRO of Savannah with any fire, smoke or soot damage. 912-234-9690
SERVPRO of Savannah is available 24 hours a day
SERVPRO of Savannah is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help
Call Today - 912-234-9690
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of Savannah has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information?
- Your insurance information? (Company and Agent)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business?
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
About SERVPRO of Savannah
SERVPRO of Savannah specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Smoke and Soot cleanup
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Savannah will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – 912-234-9690
If you see signs of mold
Mold in wall corner
SERVPRO of Savannah handle water damages every day and know that prompt action is required to prevent mold growth. Mold is more likely to spread when an environment has been subject to moisture for a long period of time. If your property had sustained a recent water damage, it is vital to remove excess water and dry the structure promptly. If there is an ongoing moisture problem int he building, it is important to be alert for:
- The presence of visible mold.
- Strong musty odors which may indicate mold is present.
- Any evidence of past moisture problems that might have caused undetected mold growth.
- Excessive humidity.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – 912-234-9690
What happens when a structure is not dried out properly?
We see water damage from Savannah residents on a daily basis. Water damage can occur from leaks, broke pipes, storms, etc.
But what happens when a structure is not dried out properly?
Mold can grow grow in as little as 48 hours.
What to do when you find mold?
Get SERVPRO of Savannah there fast.
Protect your company, your clients and yourself.
Be wary of any company who pre-tests, remediates and post-test.
Use an independent, third party firm to do the testing, write the protocol and post-test.
If you think you might have a mold problem, call SERVPRO of Savannah at 912-234-9690. We will send out a trained professional who will examine the structure for visible signs of mold, check for moisture and check the humidity.
Faster to any size water disaster
Faster to any size disaster
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Savannah provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Savannah arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service?
Call Us 24/7 – 912-234-9690
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
Commercial Water Damage Present Unique Challenges
Commercial Water Damage Events Present Unique Challenges
Flooding and water damage events at commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
About SERVPRO of Savannah
SERVPRO of Savannah specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Tips for grilling safely
Grilling fire at house
There's nothing better than grilling out in the summertime. When you see fire in the grill, under hot dogs and burgers, it is a welcome sight at any outdoor party or family cookout. But if a grill is not managed properly, an unwelcome fire can turn your cookout into a catastrophe. Here are some tips for keeping everyone at the party safe while grilling:
General Grilling Tips
- Propane and charcoal BBQ grills should only be used outdoors.
- The grill should be placed well away from the home, deck railings and out from under eaves and overhanging branches.
- Keep children and pets away from the grill area.
- Keep your grill clean by removing grease or fat buildup from the grills and in trays below the grill.
- Never leave your grill unattended
For more information and grilling safety tips, please visit http://www.nfpa.org/.